Thursday, May 5, 2011

20-20-2-2-1

I noticed at recess that Brayden, Tanner, and Zane were doing sit-ups and running around the playground. I asked them what was going on and they went into detail about their new work out routine.It's called 20-20-2-2-1. It consists of 20 push-ups, 20 crunches, running 2 times around the playground, 2 times across the monkey bars, and 1 chin-up on the bars.



They guarantee that if you do this 2 times each recess it will help you get stronger, healthier, faster, and better at tetherball.

Their plan is to do it everyday until school is out for the first 2 recesses and then at last recess they play tetherball to see how much they've improved.

I've actually caught them flexing and even kissing their muscles throughout the day. They said they named their muscles "Buster" and "Kick Butt". I told them we couldn't say butt at school so they changed it to "Kick Booty".

Their goal is to get as many boys and maybe some girls to join them as possible. Alex and Josh have already agreed to participate next recess. They told me I should get Cole started on it now and by the time he's in first grade he'll be as strong as they are (although they acted like that might be difficult to achieve).
I'll be sure to go home and get Cole started on the 20-20-2-2-1 program tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment