Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Top Readers!

Tanner and Zane were our top A.R. point earners for the first semester. As a reward they were able to eat with their favorite athletes. They were really looking forward to lunch and I even heard Zane this morning say, "This is the best day of my life!"Tanner chose #1 Jacob Rhoades because he is the quarterback of the football team. Tanner says Jake is awesome. When I asked why he was awesome he said, "He is a really good quarterback for the Seneca Indians and he took off school to come eat with me and Zane."
Zane chose #5 Eric Esposito because cute cheerleader, Brittney, was out of town. Zane really liked Eric. When I asked him why he said, "He's really kind, very polite, and he has good manners...and I just like him." He said he wants to be like Eric when he grows up. I would say that is an excellent example to follow.
They found out they had a lot in common. They talked about football and the fact they both have two sisters. Zane only roots for OSU though and Eric is a KU fan.
They both ate LOTS of pizza. Tanner brought a two liter of Dr. Pepper, cups, and football napkins. When I opened the pop in spewed everywhere. Tanner calmly said, "Oh yeah, that was in my backpack."

I asked Tanner what the best part of earning all those AR points was, thinking he would comment on the lunch, instead he said, "Reading all those books and getting to be a better reader". Aww! What a great student.
Great job boys! Keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment