Thursday, May 6, 2010

Wow! That's Old!

Do you remember when 34 was old?

My first phone call this morning was from my brother wishing me a happy birthday. His little girl, Hayden, got on the phone and guessed my age at 20-13. My brother thought that meant 33. Pretty close!
Jason brought me this crown to wear that said "Birthday Queen". I told the class I was going to wear it all day and pretend to be a queen so they would have to do whatever I say. Then I said, "Oh, you have to do that anyway!" I still put it on every once in awhile just to remind them.Alli asked all morning if they could have a surprise party for me. She said she had it all planned. All I needed to do was leave the room. I tried to inform her that it wasn't much of a surprise if she was asking permission. Oh well!


I had them write a paper today explaining what they would be like at 34. Alli says she wants a hot husband who is a good kisser! Layne said her husband didn't have to be very good-looking as long as he did everything and she didn't have to do anything.
Nearly all the girls wanted anywhere between 10-15 kids. I told them they were going to be tired. One boy said he didn't want to have any kids because he didn't want to pay child support.
Jason's mom brought the best cupcakes. They were chocolate with moist chocolate icing and a creme filling like a ding-dong, only much better! The kids bowed down to me. They were worried their arms would get tired so I let them count by fives! Then they sang happy birthday and we enjoyed the cupcakes and drinks.

Evanson said, "I'm chocolate, but I don't really like chocolate" so he didn't eat much of his cupcake. He did get a little on his eyelid (not sure how) but he said its brown and his skin's brown so it didn't matter.
Jason's mom apologized for the blowers a couple of times, but the kids really loved them!

Thank you to all of you who made my birthday so much fun! What a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a super fun party! We can't wait to see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete