Thursday, January 21, 2010

Caring Kids

Our class made cards for kids in Haiti today. A parent of a child from another first grade class is going to help in Haiti and asked the first graders to make cards. Drew's card said "I am sorry that your country got destroyed". They all were very heart-felt and sweet.
I told them to put their names on the cards. I overheard one student say, "I'm going to put from Earth on mine because I think the people in Haiti are Japanese or something".


Please look for notes going home today called "Change for the Children". Our school is having a fundraiser to help a couple of orphanages that were badly damaged. Anything you can do to help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for teaching your children to love others. I am very impressed with the way this class thinks about and sincerely cares about other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment