Monday, December 7, 2009

No Job Like It!

There are not many professions were you get to say, "Don't ever limbo under someone else's urine again" or "Keep your boogers in your own nose". Where you get to tie shoes all day and you aren't sure where those shoestrings have been. Where you zip coats and pants. Fix hair and wipe tears.

There aren't a lot of professions where you get to hear about all the funny (probably too personal) things that happen at home, like when I asked the class to bring in items from magazines and newspapers one little girl said, "Sorry Mrs. Ward I'm not allowed to cut up our newspapers and magazines because my dad reads those while he's on the pot."


I'm always impressed with a six-year-old's honesty too. I have been told things like I'm old and my hair is messy. But I'm also told daily that I'm pretty and the best teacher in the world. (My husband says I teach for my ego).


The best parts about teaching little ones is seeing the excitement in their eyes when they catch on to something we're learning or give you the biggest hugs and tell you they love you.
This is Scotty. Randomly during the day I'll look up and he's grinning holding up a sign on his whiteboard where he has written "I love you Mrs. Ward".

What a great job I have!! Thank you for sharing your child with me each day.

1 comment: